If you can't see this entry, then I have cut you.
If I removed you, it was likely because of one of the following reasons.
01. Your journal was a dead journal.
02. We never really clicked after we became friends and don't honestly have much in common.
03. Posts have begun to irritate me. Harsh reality.
Please do me the courtesy of removing me from your list as well. Thank you, and I wish you all well. ♥
Anything in bold was previously read.
01. (12/27 - 01/03) Phantom - Susan Kay (455 pages)
02. (01/03 - 01/07) Shiver - Maggie Stiefvater (390 pages)
03. (01/08 - 01/13) Keeping Faith - Jodi Picoult (422 pages)
04. (01/13 - 01/21) Beautiful Creatures - Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl (563 pages)
05. (01/21 - 01/28) World War Z - Max Brooks (342 pages)
06. (01/28 - 02/10) Interview with the Vampire - Anne Rice (342 pages)
07. (02/11 - 02/27) Wizard's First Rule (Sword of Truth #1) - Terry Goodkind (820 pages)
08. (02/27 - 03/16) Stone of Tears (Sword of Truth #2) - Terry Goodkind (979 pages)
09. (03/16 - 03/31) Blood of the Fold (Sword of Truth #3) - Terry Goodkind (623 pages)
10. (03/31 - 04/14) Temple of the Winds (Sword of Truth #4) - Terry Goodkind (822 pages)
11. (04/15 - 05/07) Soul of the Fire (Sword of Truth #5) - Terry Goodkind (788 pages)
12. (05/07 - 05/23) Faith of the Fallen (Sword of Truth #6) - Terry Goodkind (785 pages)
13. (05/23 - 05/31) Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy #5) - Richelle Mead (eBook)
14. (06/01 - 06/09) Moon Called (Mercy Thompson series #1) - Patricia Briggs (eBook)
15. (06/10 - 06/16) Blood Bound (Mercy Thompson series #2) - Patricia Briggs (eBook)
16. (06/17 - 06/25) Iron Kissed (Mercy Thompson series #3) - Patricia Briggs (eBook)
18. (07/01 - 07/08) Kitchen Chinese - Ann Mah (339 pages)
19. (07/08 - 07/12) Midnight Alley (The Morganville Vampires - Book Three) - Rachel Caine (245 pages)
20. (07/13 - 07/16) Feast of Fools (The Morganville Vampires - Book Four) - Rachel Caine (242 pages)
21. (07/17 - 07/20) Lord of Misrule (The Morganville Vampires - Book Five) - Rachel Caine (231 pages)
22. (07/20 - 07/23) Carpe Corpus (The Morganville Vampires - Book Six) - Rachel Caine (241 pages)
23. (07/25 - 07/27) Fade Out (The Morganville Vampires - Book Seven) - Rachel Caine (237 pages)
24. (07/27 - 07/30) Kiss of Death (The Morganville Vampires - Book Eight) - Rachel Caine (241 pages)
25. (07/31 - 08/10) The Pillars of Creation (Sword of Truth #7) - Terry Goodkind (725 pages)
26. (08/10 - 08/12) Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Life, vol. 1 - Bryan Lee O'Malley
27. (08/11 - 08/20) Twilight - Stephenie Meyer (498 pages)
28. (08/20 - 09/10) New Moon - Stephenie Meyer (563 pages)
29. (08/21 - 09/01) The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games Series #1) - Suzanne Collins (eBook)
30. (09/01 - 09/07) Catching Fire (The Hunger Games Series #2) - Suzanne Collins (eBook)
31. (09/07 - 09/14) Mockingjay (The Hunger Games Series #3) - Suzanne Collins (eBook)
32. (09/?? - 09/24) Naamah's Kiss - Jacqueline Carey (eBook)
33. (09/24 - 10/01) Naamah's Curse - Jacqueline Carey (eBook)
34. (10/02 - 10/13) Moloka'i - Alan Brennert (eBook)
35. (10/03 - 10/07?) Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone - J.K. Rowling (309 pages)
36. (10/13 - 10/18) Anne of Green Gables - L.M. Montgomery (308 pages)
37. (10/18 - 10/21) Anne of Avonlea - L.M. Montgomery (276 pages)
38. (10/21 - 10/25) Anne of the Island - L.M. Montgomery (243 pages)
39. (10/25 - 10/28) Anne of Windy Poplars - L.M. Montgomery (258 pages)
40. (10/28 - 11/01) Anne's House of Dreams - L.M. Montgomery (227 pages)
41. (11/01 - 11/05) Anne of Ingleside - L.M. Montgomery (274 pages)
42. (11/05 - 11/08) Rainbow Valley - L.M. Montgomery (225 pages)
43. (11/08 - 11/11) Rilla of Ingleside - L.M. Montgomery (277 pages)
44. (11/12 - 11/13) Hunger - Jackie Morse Kessler (174 pages)
45. (11/14 - 11/16) Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - J.K. Rowling (341 pages)
46. (11/17 - 11/20) Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - J.K. Rowling (435 pages)
47. (11/20 - 11/30) Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - J.K. Rowling (734 pages)
48. (11/30 - 12/08) Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - J.K. Rowling (870 pages)
49. (12/08 - ) Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - J.K. Rowling (652 pages) in progress
This book, written by Alma Alexander, was one of the best novels I have ever had the pleasure of reading. It was gripping, compelling, beautiful, an elaborate tapestry of words wonderfully woven together to create a world that was at once real and mystical. The eight central characters -- Tai, Xaforn, Nhia, Qiaan, Liudan, Yuet, Tammary, and Khailin -- each had their own distinct personalities, and yet each drew from the others so easily. All had their faults, their good points, their weaknesses and their strengths. By the end of the book, you had experienced so many different emotions -- anger, hatred, sadness, grief, happiness. There were characters you wish had never existed. There were those you grew to love so much they seemed real. Utterly and completely real. The very idea of jin-shei is something I wish all women actually had in their lives. I myself would love to have a cadre of jin-shei sisters, and yet I realize I probably already do.
I cannot recommend this book enough. The characters develop into real people among the 492 pages of this volume. I shed tears over this book, towards the end. I was shocked, elated, angered, infuriated by the actions on the pages. This is a book that the second I finished it, I wanted to pick it up and start reading it again. I probably would have, if I didn't have three other books sitting on my nightstand, waiting to be read. It's a book I bought in a moment of impulsive shopping, and it's one I will probably read again and again. I don't regret buying it in the least, and I would highly, highly recommend it to all of you to read. Beth-chan has already taken my advice. :) I can't wait to discuss the book once she finishes reading it.
( Now, for some spoilers. )
It would take me ages to analyze this entire book, so I shall leave it at what I have. I do hope some of you will take my advice, and get your hands on a copy. It really is a treasure of a book.